A few years ago, I unearthed a travel journal from a month-long trip to Europe that I took in 2006. As I reviewed its pages, I was struck by just how many details of the trip I had completely forgotten. And if the memories of a once-in-a lifetime trip that was so impactful to me could fade away – how much of my day-to-day life is lost? Sensations, emotions, achievements, losses, experiences from the mundane to the exceptional, all transforming from that specific moment in time to become that day, that week, that year, that life…

As I get older and gain a better understanding of how fragile, how brief, and how precious life really is, it's become even more important to me to me experience it to its fullest and to try to retain all of those little moments that might otherwise get lost. It's with this idea that I started the process of recording these moments – a travel journal, of sorts.

A travel journal for life.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

GATORS AND VULTURES

We went on vacation to Florida.  
While we were there, we went into the Everglades for a tour.
  

Going to see the "chomp-chomps" was very high on Michael's list of things we must do. Me, not so much.  But we went, and whodathunkit? It was super fun.  It was really quite beautiful, and I wasn't even scared when we saw gators up-close-and-personal.  



Plus, the fan boat speeding through the canals was amazing; I totally pretended I was on CSI - Miami.


Vulture Island.  This whole bit of land was just covered w/hulking vultures.  Yeesh.


The birds did freak me out a little more than the gators...  That colorful bird was pretty, but those Vultures, man - they were huge and just looking like they wanted to start some trouble.

PS: Yep, just like that, I'm going to make a post without acknowledging that it's been months and months since I posted anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment