A few years ago, I unearthed a travel journal from a month-long trip to Europe that I took in 2006. As I reviewed its pages, I was struck by just how many details of the trip I had completely forgotten. And if the memories of a once-in-a lifetime trip that was so impactful to me could fade away – how much of my day-to-day life is lost? Sensations, emotions, achievements, losses, experiences from the mundane to the exceptional, all transforming from that specific moment in time to become that day, that week, that year, that life…

As I get older and gain a better understanding of how fragile, how brief, and how precious life really is, it's become even more important to me to me experience it to its fullest and to try to retain all of those little moments that might otherwise get lost. It's with this idea that I started the process of recording these moments – a travel journal, of sorts.

A travel journal for life.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

CRAWLIN' AND POPPIN'

Pittsburgh’s cultural district hosted a gallery crawl and a pop-up market this weekend and the normally, ummm, let’s call it sleepy, downtown area came to life.
There was art, there was music, there were drinks, there was fun, and there was super-amazing-eyes-roll-back-in-your-head-delicious-dessert. (Seriously, I'm thinking about taking my toiletry bag and camping out at Bluebird Kitchen for several days. or weeks.)
Pittsburgh, let’s do it again.  Soon.

Sean indulging me by posing in front of Cell-Phone Disco
He said it made him feel like a dorky tourist.
I told him not to worry - only part of that was evident to others.

I really liked this picture I took in the pop up market.
I'm really sorry that the I and the P of the
"I want ___ to pop up" got cut off.
It makes the picture a lot less cool.
And a lot more sexual predator-y.


Some cool installation pieces at Space and Future Tenant, respectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment