A few years ago, I unearthed a travel journal from a month-long trip to Europe that I took in 2006. As I reviewed its pages, I was struck by just how many details of the trip I had completely forgotten. And if the memories of a once-in-a lifetime trip that was so impactful to me could fade away – how much of my day-to-day life is lost? Sensations, emotions, achievements, losses, experiences from the mundane to the exceptional, all transforming from that specific moment in time to become that day, that week, that year, that life…

As I get older and gain a better understanding of how fragile, how brief, and how precious life really is, it's become even more important to me to me experience it to its fullest and to try to retain all of those little moments that might otherwise get lost. It's with this idea that I started the process of recording these moments – a travel journal, of sorts.

A travel journal for life.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

GETTIN-STUFF-DONE AND CINEMA IN THE PARK

It's really amazing how one day we can be such complete and utter sloths and the next we are like gettin'-stuff-done-machines.  There are days when I'm impressed with us - this was one.

After work, we made it to the gym; I took my spin class, Mike boxed.  I went to the grocery store, Mike went to visit his mom, we got the oil changed in the truck.  That, alone, is a fairly impressive amount of gettin'-stuff-done, but after all that, we hopped on the motorcycle, picked up some picnic food and went to Cinema in the Park
It was so beautiful; we watched the sun set as we ate our sandwiches and waited for the movie to start.  Then we stretched out on the blanket and watched Captain America underneath the stars.  It was a perfect summer evening! 

AND, we got stuff done.

No comments:

Post a Comment