A few years ago, I unearthed a travel journal from a month-long trip to Europe that I took in 2006. As I reviewed its pages, I was struck by just how many details of the trip I had completely forgotten. And if the memories of a once-in-a lifetime trip that was so impactful to me could fade away – how much of my day-to-day life is lost? Sensations, emotions, achievements, losses, experiences from the mundane to the exceptional, all transforming from that specific moment in time to become that day, that week, that year, that life…

As I get older and gain a better understanding of how fragile, how brief, and how precious life really is, it's become even more important to me to me experience it to its fullest and to try to retain all of those little moments that might otherwise get lost. It's with this idea that I started the process of recording these moments – a travel journal, of sorts.

A travel journal for life.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

C-BUS

Last weekend I went to Columbus to visit my dear friend Robb.  We spent the weekend relaxing together - and we ate. A LOT.
We ate...

and ate...

and ate...

Ya don't get cheeks like these by NOT eatin'!
We ate because eating is fun, but also, it was approximately 900 degrees outside and it was the one thing we could do in the comfort of blissful climate-controlled coolness. 

But we did do more than just eat…  we also saw movies (where we consumed our weight in popcorn and Twizzlers).  The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel is a “must see”! Bernie is interesting, but a “wait till dvd”.

Kiki liked the fan but didn't think we were funny.



We tried to do some sight-seeing and window-shopping, but the oppressive heat inevitably led us back indoors to lay in front of the fan.  Which was fine with us since laying around giggling at our own stupid jokes is our favorite thing to do anyway.


Prism Tree Sculpture outside the Science Center




On my last evening in Columbus, the heat did let up enough for us to be able to enjoy an evening out and about.  We walked along the river, through the park and downtown. 

Sculptures along the river





C-Bus is lovely when it’s not 900 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment